Sunday, February 05, 2006

Unexplained Answer


"Rishivar aisa kyun hai ki hum aur hamara chitt unke liye vyakul hota hai jo humse prem nahin karte?"
(Translation: Why is it that we keep ourselves entangled with those who have left us far behind, oh The knowledgeable one, please tell us? shloka 12-45, Shree Durga-saptashati)
I always pondered if this was true in any case that when one acknowledged the fact that one was not loved, yet he had a soft corner about people who never had any corner for that blessed soul in their hearts! Is it not unnatural for us to think and react in this manner, however kiddish it may seem?
It is like a kid reacting in a bazaar for a teddy bear or a toy-train he understands that he is going to get only when he tops in the class, and that, is a tedious task at hand!
And i used to wonder that if this is the case then i figured out that the best solution would be to reject the wretched soul. To react properly and practically is an art which comes naturally to a small sect of people, The GM is the chairman of this sect.
My father used to tell me in my childhood "Life is a football match. People will try to abase you! Try to evade their moves and take the football to the goal." I never Understood it's complete meaning. I'm still trying to understand it. If we start bashing the opponents in the football match itself, we will lose the football. And what if we are attracted towards them, we start loving them? Weird idea it may be, but i created a hypothetical scene where two best buddies are in opposite teams. If they start playing their friendship tune in the match then both teams will face the music!
Simply said, i guess that what i thought earlier in my childhood is easily forgotten when in need.
Recently i went through another heartbreak. It was clear from the opposite party that she never loved me, for i was her teddy. You never love your teddy bear, you play with it! So today when someone asked me about why don't we both talk, i tried to evade this heartburning question, for i did not want to have another dose of this heart ache. I tried to elude this small girl, but the question was not that simple for me, because i was a grown up. And this little girl shot a missile from her bazooka. i could not think of any solution to it, rather i did not explain the answer to her, and i said Get lost to her! She quitened up. But this question was still echoing, and i didn't know the way to ask echo to get lost.
I loved this woman. I later learnt she did not love me. She did not defend herself when i charged her for this. It was a silence on her behalf. I accepted it as in accord with my charges. I thought she accepted it all. I still don't know what was in her mind. We do not talk any longer. And suddenly this girl comes into the picture just to ask me this question "What happened between you two?" and i get disturbed.
I still loved her. Assuming that she did not, why was i loving her? I now understood my childhood question that why don't people let go of those who don't love them anymore! It is exactly akin to the child in bazaar shouting hoarse for a teddy bear which he knows he is not getting! So the solution is simple too, we should stop worrying about the person who doesn't seem to care about us! It is a difficult thing from an adult perspective, but if thought from a viewpoint of a child, it's easy...
There was some better solution given in The scripture mentioned in the opening sentence, but i could not comprehend it. I guess i'm still young to understand those heavyweight ideas and it will take me another few decades to unravel the concept, and then i will write another PriLog-ic about Explainable Answers.

1 comment:

Psycho McCrazy said...

Never having been in a relationship myself, I don't know how much I can understand these things, but I can relate somewhat to that elusive Teddy Bear.

Not caring about someone who has (knowingly or unknowingly) hurt you is one way to get over it, but the important pary is to get over it. Don't pay too much attention to the "not caring" part or you might end up caring a wee bit too much.

Someone above me said something about rising in love and not falling. That's a novel thought.

Anyway, whatever happens, just remember one thing. Your life is yours to enjoy, don't waste even a precious second of it thinking what could have been. Just think what all you can do with all the time you have.